If GDPR is a big concern for many companies, Qualifio takes it to the next level. As a data collection platform, Qualifio ensures its customers that the platform is in total compliance with the EU regulation. But how can it help your company be GDPR compliant?
In this article, we’re explaining how you can be GDPR compliant when using Qualifio. Keep on reading!
Two years of GDPR: what are the challenges?
As GDPR is having its second anniversary in May 2020, what challenges are marketing professionals still facing?
- Consent is trickier than it seems. Not only will you need one’s consent in regards to the processing of their data, whether they are clients or prospects, but you will also need it if you want to contact them by email or if you met them at an event, for example. So two consents are always better than one. One for every use that you may have.
- GDPR is not just about consent. There are 6 legal grounds for processing data. Each of them is suited to a particular situation. Yes, consent is important but you don’t need it for everything.
- Not every team is well equipped to face the GDPR. A lot of questions about the regulation are still hanging, and teams can’t answer them. Having an expert within your marketing team is essential if you want your marketing actions to be 100% compliant.
How can GDPR impact your business?
If you are doing business in the European Union, you’re impacted by the GDPR. Companies have been fined for non-compliance with the regulation, one of the biggest examples being Google.
- Google was fined €50 million for its lack of transparency and information. It was considered that the information provided by the company was not easily accessible to users and was not systematically clear and understandable. Users were not able to understand the processing of their personal data.
- The CNIL has also fined Grand Optical France €250,000 for failing to sufficiently secure the data of its customers placing an order online from its website.
- A Dutch tennis association, the KNLTB, was fined €525,000 for illegally selling its members data to two sponsors.
You should not skimp on your data protection compliance because the consequences of non-compliance can be severe. Furthermore, the tools and resources you’re using must also be in accordance with the GDPR.
How can you be GDPR compliant with Qualifio?
1. Asking for consent
The consent is collected via an opt-in that you can easily set on your Qualifio campaigns. Don’t forget that the consent of a user must be freely given but also easily withdrawn.
2. Right to data access
One of your users is requesting their existing data profile? With our GDPR Toolbox, you can easily send them a fully detailed copy of the data you’ve collected about them. However, you’ll also have to provide them on how you’re using their data.
3. Right to be forgotten
A user has the right to request the deletion of their data profile at any time. Your data protection officer (DPO) will be able to erase the data directly on our platform. You can either bulk-delete all personally identifiable information collected during a specific period or manually erase a user’s personal data on their request. You can also set up rules to automatically erase all personal data from the system after a couple of weeks or months.
4. Right to be informed
5. Report on the breaches
If Qualifio notices a security breach, you will be notified within 72 hours.
6. Appoint one or more DPOs
If your company needs to appoint a data protection officer (DPO), Qualifio allows you to set up one or more officers to have total control over all personal data on the platform for your account.
7. Access our GDPR documentation
You will always be able to access up-to-date information about Qualifio’s data protection addendum and organisational measures.
8. What’s Qualifio’s role in collecting and storing data?
Qualifio follows its clients’ instructions. Under the terms of the GDPR, Qualifio acts as a subcontractor (“data processor”), while its clients are processing managers (“data controllers”). The data processor acts on behalf of the data controllers, who defines the purposes of the processing and the resources to be used. Under no circumstances will Qualifio use the data you’re collecting.
The Qualifio platform ticks all the boxes and more. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the tool!