Run contests on Instagram, Just like you do on your website
Instagram boasts over 700 million active users per month, or 20% of all Internet users. Instagram also has a very high engagement rate. According to a study by Econsultancy, the average engagement rate on Instagram is 3.31%, versus only 0.07% on Twitter.
Besides the advertising opportunities Instagram offers, it is above all the ideal format for creating contests and other fun and viral interactive campaigns directly in the Instagram app.
Thanks to the “Clicks to Website” format, the simple act of clicking on a sponsored photo or video opens a web window directly in Instagram.
One click will automatically redirect users to your contest, identification form, survey, battle, etc. The destination page is, therefore, your contest page in iframe mode in Webview or your minisite, created and hosted on the Qualifio solution. Just like in the Facebook app, this page will then open in the app thanks to the in-app browser, and you will have thus created your first Instagram contest with Qualifio.
A few important comments:
- To create your Instagram sponsored posts you have to go into the Facebook Adverts Manager
- Remember: it goes without saying that your Qualifio campaign needs to be perfectly optimised for mobile display.
- Keep in mind that Instagram ads will not be visible to people who use Instagram on a desktop or on mobile sites other than the Instagram apps for iOS and Android.
- We recommend that you have an Instagram account, but you don’t have to have one to post ads on Instagram. However, if you don’t add an Instagram account to your Business Manager or via your Page settings, you should bear certain points in mind:
- The name and image of your Facebook Page will be used in your Instagram ad, so that people can easily identify your business.
- You will not be able to respond to comments about your ad.
- Your Instagram handle will be the name of your Facebook Page. It will be greyed out and will not be clickable. If your Facebook Page name exceeds the character limit for Instagram handles, it will be cut off by “…”.
- Consider optimising the image to encourage people to click, for example, by using text in it (careful though: just as with Facebook, the text cannot exceed 20% of the image). It is also possible to set up Calls To Action, which appear under images.